We are learning about Growth Mindset.
We began with staff in term 2 and are following this with children in whole school assemblies in term 3.
This is our first assembly presentation.
The Learnng Pit.
Mindset - a set of beliefs or way of thinking that determines one's behaviour, outlook and mental attitude.
James Nottingham speaks about intellectual feedback vs process feedback.
He also references his work to that of Dr Carol Dweck and she talks about fixed mindsets vs growth mindsets.
In the video the teacher used dialogue by…
- Normalising struggle by talking about struggle
- Encourage students to ask for advise when they’re stuck
- Encourage students to articulate their thinking process
- explaining, justifying, critiquing, backing up with evidence and asking others to explain their thinking
- Help students reflect on the learning process
- Encourage struggle with wait-time
- Frame struggle as part of the learning and growing